Tennis Years 5-9
All sessions are run by qualified Tennis Australia coaches.
Students in the program participate in the following:
- Drill sessions which concentrate on skills and technique development with a 1:4 student/coach ratio
- Squad training which focuses on match play and game styles
- Fitness, weight training and recovery which concentrates on strength conditioning, fitness and agility
- Activities off court that encourage team building, social skills and initiative
- Fitness tests which are completed at the beginning and end of each year
- A physiotherapy screening and monitoring process available each Tuesday morning
- A sports psychology program to enhance performance
- Nutrition program run by qualified dietician
- Planning towards tournaments
The Tennis Teams play in the School Sport Victoria (SSV) and the Tennis Australia Teams Events.
Students are encouraged to play in a variety of local, State National and International tournaments.
The College also has an ongoing relationship with the Indigenous Sports Foundation and Evonne Goollagong Cawley. As part of this the College has a number of indigenous students completing a combined academic and tennis program.