Box Hill Acceleration and Innovation Program – A Pathways Approach
Box Hill Senior Secondary College has a strong tradition of providing opportunities for students to develop programs of study in areas of interest that provide pathways to further study, training and employment.
Middle Years learning in Year 10 is personalised and inclusive, featuring creative and collaborative design and authentic and real work that matters to all students as successful community members.
Student voice and choice
Students are provided with greater agency, choice and academic experience through a core plus elective curriculum structure.
Acceleration and Innovation Program – three-year VCE
Box Hill Senior College offers the opportunity for ALL year 10 students to commence their VCE studies during year 10. Through the A & I. Program, ALLYear 10 students include one Year 11 (Unit 1 and 2) VCE study in their learning program.
During Year 10 students are offered a unique opportunity to:
- Develop learning skills in preparation for future study in Years 11 and 12 and beyond
- Focus on developing their life skills by strengthening and engaging with the broader community
- Be involved in a range of programs and initiatives designed to build their self-confidence, foster independent learning and develop a greater
sense of respect for themselves as well as others
- Enter Years 11 and 12 with confidence and a clear sense of direction.
Particular emphasis is placed on developing 21st century skills and learning and work related competencies such as:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Information, Media and ICT Literacy Skills
- Working in Teams
- Leadership Qualities
- Life and Career Skills
Further information about the Year 10 curriculum structure and core and elective units is in the 2021 Years 9 – 12 LEARNING PROGRAMS PATHWAY SELECTION HANDBOOK.