Box Hill Senior Secondary College is accredited under the Department of Education and Training’s CRICOS registration.
(CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education and Training, 00861K.)
For further information refer to www.study.vic.gov.au
Box Hill Senior Secondary College is your academic pathway to VCE success and university. Experience academic excellence in our Science, Mathematics, Business, Humanities, Technology and Arts programs. Benefit from our partnerships and links to local and international universities.
At Box Hill Senior Secondary College, we welcome students from all over the world to further enrich their education in our young adult learning environment, preparing them for a future in a global workplace.
Please enjoy reading about the College's facilities, educational environment, support programs and curriculum delivery on other pages of the College Website.
To enrol as an International Student at Box Hill Senior Secondary College, apply online to the Victorian Government Schools - International Education Division: English 中文 日本語 한국어 Tiếng Việt
Standard Long-term, Temporary Short-term, Study Abroad and Dependent Year 9-12 enrolment places are available.
REASONS TO CHOOSE OUR COLLEGE
- Academic excellence and rigour.
- A full range of VCE subjects, including study programs for all Sciences, all Mathematics, Visual & Performing Arts, Business & Humanities, Physical Education, Health and Human Development, Languages, and Technology subjects.
- Student support, care and encouragement.
- Select entry academic enhancement program.
- Acceleration program providing advanced study of one or more VCE subjects to increase ATAR.
- VCE Specialist Mathematics program.
- STEAM, entrepreneurship and industry focus program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics).
- The University of Melbourne and Monash University Extension programs.
- Vocational Education & Training in Schools (VETiS) studies give VCE and ATAR credit.
- Elite specialist sport program with national and international pathways.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
- Superior student support services team.
- Student Counsellor and Student Wellbeing Teacher.
- First-class technology rich private study environment in the Library and Careers Resource Centre.
- College Canteen provides healthy meals and snacks.
- Interpreters available for all languages and Chinese speaking College staff.
- Dedicated staff provide outstanding 24/7 student, parent, and homestay assistance and care.
- Student Leadership.
- Mathematics and Science training and competitions.
- Music and Drama performances and productions.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- Outdoor Education.
- A variety of school sport teams and competitions.
- Sport and hobby organisations in the local community.
- Charity fundraising groups.
- Community organisation youth programs.
OUR HOMESTAY FAMILIES
Where parents of international students opt for the Department of Education to arrange accommodation, Box Hill Senior Secondary College has a Homestay policy whereby Homestay families provide quality accommodation in a safe, comfortable and caring environment: English 中文 日本語 한국어 Tiếng Việt
BECOMING A HOMESTAY FAMILY
If you, your family, neighbour or friends are living in close proximity to Box Hill Senior Secondary College, then please contact Lynden Fielding, Director of the International Student Program for further information or to register your interest in becoming a Homestay family: email@example.com.
COMPASS ONLINE COMMUNICATION
ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING
At Box Hill Senior Secondary College, education is delivered by our dedicated and professional teaching staff. They support students to achieve academically, and help them grow more confident and independent. To support students and their learning, the College has in place regular progress reports, as well as end of semester reports.
LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH
At Box Hill Senior Secondary College, international students may undertake VCE studies in their first language on Saturday mornings from 9.00am until 12.15pm during term time at a campus of the Victorian School of Languages (VSL), a school of the Victorian Government. Students may choose to study Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Units 1 and 2 as a year 10 or 11 student, and Units 3 and 4 as a year 11 or 12 student.
Box Hill Senior Secondary College is located in the green and leafy suburb of Mont Albert North. Box Hill is to the east and south-east. Doncaster, East Doncaster and Templestowe are to the north and north east. Mont Albert and Balwyn are to the west. Canterbury, Surrey Hills and Camberwell are to the south and south-west. The College is well served by public transport. Students travel from homestays in these suburbs, as well from Mitcham, Nunawading and Burwood.
The College is a 12 minute walk or short bus ride from the Box Hill Central shopping centre. At Box Hill Central there are bus, train and tram interchanges. Westfield Doncaster shopping centre and bus interchange is also close by.
There are beautiful and extensive facilities for walking and cycling, and many recreation reserves, sport fields, parks and gardens. International students may choose to spend some of their home study time in a public library, visit the swimming pools, and enjoy the festivals and events across the year.
STUDENT OBLIGATIONS AND ENTITLEMENTS
International students have education obligations and entitlements. They are documented by the International Education Division as Terms, Conditions and Policies.
Arian is Dux of the College 2019. He studied VCE Physics, Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Further Mathematics, Persian and English (EAL).
Jingyi was Dux of the College 2018. She studied VCE Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical Methods, Chinese First Language and English (EAL). In 2019, Jingyi enrolled in Science at The University of Melbourne. She described BHSSC as “a place for us to learn, and also to have fun”. Jingyi (Rebecca) Feng
Lynden Fielding, Director of the International Student Program
Thank you for your interest in our school.